We highly recommend that all items are hand-washed for durability.
HAND WASH YOUR ITEMS (Recommended)
By washing your items by hand, you are lengthening the lifespan of your item. The better you treat your item, the more usage you will be able to get from it. We understand it’s outside of the norm, so we have a few tips to get you started:
- Separate your lights and darks to wash separately
- Obtain a bucket, bowl, or plug the sink drain (depending on item size)
- Add cold water mixed with a few drops of laundry detergent
- Carefully wash and lightly scrub to clean
- Rinse detergent by running cold water until water runs clear
- Hang to dry
We do not recommend using a machine, since doing this can shorten the life of your item or destroy it depending on the material. However, we understand life can get busy and you might be tempted to use the washing machine, so we have some tips below.
- Do not throw items into the machine, use a laundry or net bag to prevent stretching, rips, and tangling
- Choose cold water for all cycles
- Use the lowest spin cycle (delicates or hand wash option, if available)
- Hang to dry, do not put in drier
Storing your items is key to giving your item a long stay in your home. Store your items in a temperature-controlled room to prevent fabrics from deteriorating.
If you’re not sure how to care for your item, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!